Did you know that there are currently more than 164 million blogs on the Internet?
Did you also know that more than 123 million people read blogs?
If you are on the fence about whether you should start your own blog and these numbers don't convince you, here are five other reasons why you should take the leap.
1. Maximization of your brand – Blogging allows you the opportunity to continue to brand your business, product or service. It is another outlet to discuss what makes you unique, discuss the success stories you have and offer helpful advice to your target audience positioning yourself as the expert in your industry.
2. You have ultimate control of the content – Unlike being interviewed for a newspaper or magazine article where after the interview is secured, it is up to the reporter's discretion on what quotes and background info to use, blogging gives you 100% control over the content you publish. If you have an opinion or point to make, having a blog is the perfect forum to do so.
3. Personal connection – Blogging allows you to connect with your target audience on a more personal level. It also builds trust. It is true that people conduct business with those that they like. Blogging allows you to discuss yourself and your interests in a fun and creative way. Having a blog simply makes you more accessible and relatable.
4. Awareness and visibility – Your blog gives you even more awareness and visibility than if you did not have one. Be sure to link all your social networking sites to your blog and vice versa in order to maximize your exposure.
5. SEO – The more you blog the more your SEO builds. Since new content is posted everyday about your area of expertise and tying it back to your business, product or service – you will appear higher in search engine rankings. The more content you have, the better your SEO will be.
If you decide to take the plunge, make sure that you are consistent. If you can commit the time, the content, and a story to tell - the possibilities are endless.
For more information, contact email@example.com or visit www.hjmt.com.