Six Reasons To Have Blogs On Your Media List
Blogs are a popular tool in today’s business world. When sending out a press release, it is essential to consider blogs as being equally, if not more important, than other traditional media. It is important to understand just how influential blogs are and how many people bloggers are actually targeting.
Six reasons you should have blogs on your media list:
People trust the opinions of others like them– Anyone can create a blog, not everyone can become a journalist. The general public often thinks of journalists or companies as being elitist and not relatable. But when it comes to bloggers, they may value the viewpoint of someone in their socioeconomic status over a journalist.
Mothers most commonly turn to Mommy blogs for tips because who knows better how to cure diaper rash better than another mom?
- Blogs are more personable and relevant – they relate more to the public than other media outlets. They also don’t have an editor to work under, so they can write whatever they desire.
- There are more blogs out there than traditional media— As of February 2011, there were over 156 million blogs in existence, with that number increasing every day. And in reality, I think almost everyone I know has or had a blog at least once in their lifetime. According to Wordpress, there are currently 53, 832,010 Wordpress sites in the world.
- Blogs reach a larger audience with people reading from anywhere in the world – the Internet allows blogs to be read internationally very easily and quickly.
- Blogs are instantaneous – Readers get their information faster this way than they do anywhere else. Blogs fit better with the fast paced lifestyle that we lead. We would rather get our news fast than spend the time reading traditional media.
- Blog posts create conversation – people have the opportunity to comment on blogs, which creates discussion and engagements among members directly on the blog.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hjmt.com.